TODO

Path: TODO
Last Update: Sun Sep 21 14:04:21 +0200 2008
  • Provide tests and documentation for head, options and trace
  • There seems to be a bug in webrick that it doesn‘t recognize the Content-Length header if using basic authentication. The POST test cases lead to a: ERROR HTTPRequest#fixup: WEBrick::HTTPStatus::LengthRequired occured. even though the Content-Length header is set correctly in the http packet…
  • I‘ve not figured out how to set_up and teardown webbrick properly. Since webbrick blocks after calling `start`, it needs to started in a seperate thread. I didn‘t handle communication with it properly though. Test::Unit calls set_up and teardown before and after executing each test… method, and not as I expected, before and after each test file. This leads to a new TestServer being instantiated which complains "bind-adress already in use", because the other instance wasn‘t properly shut down. I tried to dix this by setting up the server in the constructor, but that has the same effect. It seems like a new instance of TestCase is instantiated to run every single test… method.
  • There also seems to be something screwy about how rake calls the tests. Some ruby files seem to be included twice. This leads to "already initialized constant" error in the output of the unit tests.
  • The two previous bugs aren‘t really problematic, because they only make the output of the tests ugly. They should be easy to fix… (But they‘re not high on my list of priorities.)

[Validate]